Bridge Street Working Group Meeting Minutes

Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 7.00pm

This meeting was held by video conference.


Working Group Members Present:

Dilys Britt, Liz Hillman, Jenny Clarke, Jane Kay, Steve Harper, Amelia Stanham, Shiela Hughes



Peter Hewes and Daniel Johnson


In Attendance:

Lydia Hopton, Assistant Parish Clerk


Public Questions

A working group member expressed disappointment that a large willow by picnic area had been extensively pollarded by contractors appointed by CRT and that no communication had been made with the group/council.



21/023 To receive apologies and accept valid reasons for absence, these having been submitted to the Clerk prior to the meeting.

Peter Hewes apologies were received and accepted.


21/024 To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011



21/025 To approve the meeting notes of 6 April 2021 

The notes the meeting were proposed by Shiela Hughes and resolved as the minutes. 

It was discussed setting up a WhatsApp group – Lydia Hopton to action. 

Lydia Hopton to chase James Sutton regarding a site meeting about sculptures.


21/026 Update on fundraising 

  • Jane Kay provided an update, including growing seeds for the plant sale in May.
  • Collection boxes – Lydia Hopton to order. Jane Kay to the organise poster and advert to go around collection box
  • Pen pots – Lydia Hopton to order 


21/027 To consider and agree noticeboard header design

It was proposed by Dilys Britt and resolved with all in favour to use the Waterfront logo and wording for the noticeboard header, with the parish council logo inside and a it to be a black metal lockable noticeboard.


21/028 To agree to make a request to Full Council for CiL monies towards the project 

The first CiL payment is due imminently and it was proposed by Jenny Clarke to recommend to Full Council that the monies to be used for the noticeboard and heritage entrance points and this was resolved with all in favour. 


21/029 Offer of a donation of a bench to Saxilby Waterfront near the bus stop (High St end)

The group considered design options and it was proposed by Jenny Clarke to have a bespoke design with anchor sides on a black metal backless bench and this was resolved with all in favour.


21/030 To agree for Cllr Hillman to contact local fishing club regarding sessions

It was proposed by Dilys Britt and resolved for Cllr Hillman to contact CRT Lets Fish and/or Lincoln District Angling Association to organise session(s) to preferably be held at the same time as the Wellies and Waterways volunteer days.  

It was also agreed for Jenny Clarke to contact the Lincoln Canoeing group. 


21/031 Update on:

a. Noticeboards and signs 

Discussed above.


b. Litter

  • Litter and dog waste has been an issue recently.
  • Liz Hillman spoke to WLDC regarding a post mounted litter bin for picnic area which would be around for bin and post £150, the group supported its provision. 
  • It was agreed there is a need to speak to local businesses regarding provision of litter bins. A meeting has been arranged with the pizza shop on 28 April and it was agreed Liz and Sheila would attend on behalf of the group. 


c. Volunteer days

It was noted the next date is Sat 8 May 9.30-12noon and it was agreed to hold them on the first Saturday of the month until October. 


21/032 Agree next meeting date 

27 April 2021, at 7pm.


The meeting closed at 8.20 pm.

Please be advised that these are notes of the meeting and cannot in any way be regarded as the official minutes of Council proceedings until they are approved and signed at the next meeting.