Bridge Street Working Group Meeting Minutes

Tuesday 6 April 2021 at 7.00pm

Under the Local Authorities (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority Meeting) (England) Regulations 2020, this meeting was held by video conference.


Working Group Members Present:

Dilys Britt, Jenny Clarke, Peter Hewes, Cllr Hillman, Shiela Hughes, Daniel Johnson, and Jane Kay



Amelia Stanham.


In Attendance:

Lydia Smithson, Assistant Parish Clerk. 

There was one member of the public in attendance (Helen Hill). 


Public Questions

Litter on Bridge Street due to new Ice Cream parlour opening. Thanks were made to the litter picker for emptying the bins and cleaning all the litter and car parking. This was noted and will be added to the agenda for the next meeting. 



21/016 To receive apologies and accept valid reasons for absence, these having been submitted to the Clerk prior to the meeting.



21/017 To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011



21/018 To approve the meeting notes of 9 March 2021 

The meeting notes of 9 March 2021 were proposed by Shiela Hughes and resolved as the minutes of the meeting. 


21/019 Update on fundraising from Peter Hewes, Jane Kay and Dilys Britt on including village trail


Jane Kay provided an update, the trail was updated based on feedback from Chris Hewis from the Saxilby and District History Group. Jane suggested ten collection boxes to be used in the local shops for a donation for a sheet for the trail. 

One member of the public left the meeting. 

It was agreed for the Assistant Clerk to purchase them and for Jane and Dilys to continue to progress the trail.


Car Wash

Peter Hewes researched the car wash:

  • Risk assessment in current circumstances (Covid-19) is more challenging, 
  • It was suggested the water run off should be to an open drain and not a sewer, for example at the fire-station 
  • There would be a set-up costs for buckets, sponges, cleaner
  • It could be a joint effort with the fire brigade – it was agreed Peter Hewes would talk to Saxilby fire brigade 
  • Would need to ensure it is covered by insurance 
  • Could Scouts get involved?


21/020 To consider and agree to buy pens/pencils for the trail/fundraising

Dilys Britt suggested buying the pens for sale with the trail, the black pen with the text – Saxilby Waterfront. Dilys Britt proposed 500 pens at 23.5p each and sell at 50p each and this was agreed, and Dilys Britt kindly offered to pay for these.


21/021 Update on:

a. Tree planting and watering on Bridge Street

10 hawthorn, 2 cherry and 6 ornamental pears have been planted to date, currently they are waiting for more hawthorn trees to come into the nursery.

Cllr Hillman will send an update letter to the sponsor.

James Sutton has been contacted and we are waiting for a response regarding ideas for those who sponsored the trees.


b. Volunteer day

 9.30am start on Saturday – sweeping, tidying and weeding is needed.


21/022 Agree next meeting date 

27 April 2021, at 7pm.


The meeting closed at 8.00pm.


Please be advised that these are notes of the meeting taken by the Assistant/Clerk and cannot in any way be regarded as the official minutes of Council proceedings until they are approved and signed at the next meeting.