Tuesday 16th February 2021 at 7.00pm

Under the Local Authorities (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority Meeting) (England) Regulations 2020, this meeting was held by video conference.


Working Group Members Present:

Dilys Britt, Peter Hewes, Jane Kay, Amelia Stanham, Cllr Crump, Cllr Hillman, Cllr Hughes


Claire Ella, Jenny Clarke

In Attendance:

Lydia Smithson, Assistant Parish Clerk 

There were no members of the public in attendance.


Public Questions




21/001 To receive apologies and accept valid reasons for absence, these having been submitted to the Clerk prior to the meeting.

Jenny Clarke and Claire Ella.


21/002 To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011



21/003 To approve the meeting notes of 11th November 2020 as minutes of the meeting



21/004 To consider suggestions for fundraising in lockdown

The following were suggested:

  • Live streaming - raffle on Facebook, add Paypal for a ticket– Q&A session
  • Crowd funding for specific items
  • Sponsored walk
  • Community Lottery – evergreen post on social media 
  • Magic Little Grants 
  • Pirate/Easter trail – develop idea for next meeting – adult trail - history and children’s trail - Peter Hewes, Dilys Britt and Jayne Kay to bring back paper to next meeting  
  • Stalls outside house – plants outside of house, crafts 
  • Peter Hewes offered to develop an overall paper to bring back to the next meeting and encouraged everyone to share their ideas and this was resolved


21/005 Update on:

21/005a Tree planting on Bridge Street 

Further funding of £500 has been secured from WLDC Green Spaces Fund, to plug the shortfall. 

The contractor has been out to site to scan for utilities to see where the trees can be sited.

Tree holes are to be dug by hand due to the utilities being in the vicinity. 

Cllr Hillman shared an idea for a certificate for those who have sponsored a tree and the group supported the idea.

Add to the next agenda a discussion regarding tree plaques. 

21/005b WLDC meeting regarding footbridge

An update was given following a meeting with the Chief Executive and Property and Asset Manager. Assistant Clerk to contact WLDC for an update. 

21/005c Cycle path connection between Lincoln and Saxilby

An update was provided. The Assistant Clerk, County Council and Kier held a meeting to discuss a byway across Kiers land at the back of the Daubeney Estate, 

21/005d Noticeboard funding

Assistant Clerk to look at budget to identify shortfall and how this will be met. 

21/005e Sun Inn

New tenants are currently working on the Sun Inn, with a view to re-opening and the group supported Councillor Hillman to contact the Sun Inn to invite them to a meeting to share the Masterplan for the area. The pizza shop was also raised for the Group to get in contact with the owners.

21/005f Bridge Place Corner 

Lovells are to do a Press Release and the official opening will be held. 


21/006 Agree next meeting date 

9th March 2021.


The meeting closed at 7.35pm.


Please be advised that these are notes of the meeting taken by the Assistant/Clerk and cannot in any way be regarded as the official minutes of Council proceedings until they are approved and signed at the next meeting.