Finance Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday 18 August 2021 at 7.00pm at St Andrews Community Centre, Saxilby.
Cllrs Cotton, Harper, Hillman, and Ives.
Lydia Hopton, Assistant Parish Clerk.
There was one member of the public in attendance.
A member of the public raised a number of questions and was informed a response would be given to their queries.
They also queried whether a paper on community centre room hire would go to Finance Committee, Cllr Cotton noted it would likely go to Full Council.
Finance Committee Meeting
069/21 To receive apologies and accept valid reasons for absence, these having been submitted to the Clerk prior to the meeting
Apologies and a valid reason for absence had been received from Cllr Crump and these were accepted.
070/21 To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011
071/21 To approve the notes of the Finance Committee meeting held on 21 July 2021
Cllr Hillman proposed the draft minutes, and these were resolved. These were signed by Cllr Cotton.
072/21 To note the meeting Action Log
073/21 To review and scrutinize month 3 (June) income and expenditure report
The income and expenditure report was scrutinized.
Some actions were requested/queries raised:
1. To update the budget figure re sports equipment maintenance, to take account of the expenditure and income related to grants for football goals.
2. To update tax and NI budgets, splitting out from the salary budget heading.
3. The high Mill Lane electricity expenditure was noted ,and discussion was held around teams leaving lights on. Look to budget for LED lights and sensors next year?
4. A committee member queried whether we need to re-start pest control
5. It was requested tree works quotes were obtained for Westcroft remedial works as per previous tree report
074/21 To approve the verified bank reconciliations for month 3 (June)
Cllr Hillman proposed to approve the bank reconciliations, and this was resolved. Cllr Cotton signed the reconciliation.
075/21 To approve the list of payments, income, and transfers for month 3 (June)
Cllr Ives proposed to approve the list of payments, income, and transfers for month 3 (June) and this was resolved.
Actions - to check whether refund has been received from Corona and the expenditure on £31 for grease was queried - what was is it for and size of tub
076/21 Quarterly review of Risk Register and agree any actions required
1. The document is not clear if referring to chairman of finance committee or chairman of the council – clerks to clarify and bring Risk Register back to committee
2. 14 – safety checks on buildings and equipment (point 3) – requested to add to full council for an update on action being undertaken on this and the number of staff members trained on undertaking checks
3. Fire – queried who the designated person and responsible person are now - feedback to committee
4. It was requested that a complaints log is started to track and monitor any complaints received - add to full council
077/21 To review cleaning expenditure and budget (in-line with minute ref 032/21)
Cllr Cotton declared a personal interest. Cllr Hillman took the item and proposed to add an item to full council to consider employing a cleaning contractor.
One member of the public left the meeting.
078/21 CLOSED SESSION – Council to resolve to go into closed session in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 for the following items on the grounds that publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
Cllr Cotton proposed to enter into closed session, and this was resolved.
079/21 To review outstanding sales receipts due and agree actions if required.
Noted, no action required.
The meeting closed at 7.52 pm.
Please be advised that these are notes of the meeting taken by the Assistant/Clerk and cannot in any way be regarded as the official minutes of Council proceedings until they are approved and signed at the next meeting.