Planning Committee Meeting Minutes

Wednesday 16th February 2022 at 7:45pm at St Andrews Community Centre, Saxilby.


Members Present

Cllrs Hillman (committee chair), I Willox and J Willox



Cllr Cotton, Crump, Harper and Ives


In Attendance

Elaine Atkin – Parish Clerk

Debbie Johnson – Assistant Clerk


There were no members of public in attendance.


Public Questions 

There were none.


Planning Committee Meeting

017/22 To receive apologies and accept valid reasons for absence, these having been submitted to the Clerk prior to the meeting

Apologies had been received from Cllrs Cotton, Crump, Harper and Ives, and these were accepted. 


018/22 To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011

There were none.


019/22 To approve the notes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 19th January 2022 and the Chairman to sign them as the agreed minutes

A misspelling of Cllr J Willox’s name was noted.

Cllr J Willox proposed, and it was resolved to approve the minutes with this amendment.


020/22 To note the meeting action log

The action log was noted. Cllrs Hillman and J Willox agreed to continue to review the actions.


To review and comment on the following West Lindsey District Council Planning consultations:


021/22 Reference 144269: Planning application for two storey side extension and single storey rear extension. 17 Church Road, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2HH

The Council recognises the impact of climate change and biodiversity, and requests that this extension should be fit for the future i.e. ultra-energy efficient and climate resilient, maximising low carbon and renewable energy.


022/22 Reference 144280: Planning application to erect detached dormer bungalow with integral garage, including private drive access/turning & associated parking being variation of conditions 3, 4 and 5 of planning permission 142191 granted 26 February 2021 – reduction in windows, ridge height raised, and eaves/verge details changed to brickwork. Land at 19 Sturton Road, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2PG.

The Council has no comments.


023/22 Reference 144297: Planning application for extension to existing sectional garage. Scout Hut, Bridge Street, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2PZ.

We are supportive of the scout and guide movement in the village and are supportive of this application.


024/22 Reference 144343: Planning application for removal of existing house and outbuildings replaced with 1no. dwelling. 33 West Bank, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2LU.

The council recognises the impact of climate change and biodiversity, and requests that all new development must be fit for the future i.e. be ultra-energy efficient and climate resilient and maximise low carbon and renewable energy.

The grounds and boundaries should consider local wildlife in line with biodiversity.

We support the Canal & River Trust statement regarding the risk of construction traffic travelling on the narrow road cutting into the Fossdyke Canal banking and potentially impacting the stability of the banking.

We are also concerned that the road surface of West Bank, which is already in a poor condition and will be further damaged by construction traffic accessing the site.

Relevant Saxilby with Ingleby Neighbourhood Plan policies:

• Policy 17 (Traffic and movement around the village)

• Policy 2 (Design of new developments)

We note this development will be liable for CiL.


025/22 To review and comment on the following Planning Inspectorate consultation: Application by West Burton Solar Project Limited (the applicant) for an Order granting Development Consent for the West Burton Solar Project (the Proposed Development). Scoping consultation relating to the information to be provided in an Environmental Statement related to the Proposed Development.

No comments.


026/22 To note the following concerns from residents raised at the monthly market, and agree actions if required:

a. Mill Lane/A57 junction is dangerous. Can traffic lights be considered?

Noted. Cllr Cotton to raise the suggestion of traffic lights with Lincolnshire County Council again.

b. Church Lane/Church Road junction is dangerous, especially with all the extra traffic and with the tree in the middle of the junction. Can anything be done?


c. Turning out of the new flats on Bridge Street is dangerous, due to parked cars blocking the view either way. Can anything be done about this?



027/22 To agree allocation of the latest CiL income and remaining developer grant

Cllr J Willox proposed, and it was resolved to recommend that Full Council sets aside the CiL and remaining developer grant towards a replacement bus shelter on Church Road (Co-op side), pending further funding.


028/22 To review community suggestions for locations for a tree for the Queen’s Green Canopy and agree actions 

Suggestions were noted. Cllr J Willox proposed, and it was resolved to narrow this down to Daubeney Avenue Green, Westcroft Green, outside the Coop pharmacy and near the Doctors on Sykes Lane. Cllr J Willox will investigate these sites further and report back to March Planning Committee.


029/22 To note one of the trees replaced by Lindum on Westcroft green has died, and agree actions 

Cllr Willox proposed, and it was resolved for him to contact Lindum. 


030/22 To note confirmation of ownership of the Bridge Street footbridge steps and ramp and agree actions 

Feedback from LCC was received. It was proposed by Cllr Hillman and resolved to contact Gary Revill and the Conservation Officer at WLDC (copied to both our district councillors) for confirmation. 


031/22 To receive an update regarding the solar farms project 

It was resolved to contact Island Green Power by letter expressing concerns regarding their level of community engagement as we had tried to contact them 3 times to arrange a meeting. We will also send then the list of community projects identified in the NDP after community wide consultation.


032/22 CLOSED SESSION - Committee to resolve to go into closed session in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1060 for the following item on the grounds that publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

It was proposed by Cllr J Willox and resolved to go into closed session.


033/22 To note an update regarding a land ownership query and agree actions 

Cllr J Willox proposed, and it was resolved to write to the resident to remind them of the agreed timescales, and review again at March Planning Committee meeting.




The meeting closed at 9.21 pm.

Please be advised that these are notes of the meeting taken by the Assistant/Clerk and cannot in any way be regarded as the official minutes of Council proceedings until they are approved and signed at the next meeting.