Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday 19 May 2021 at 7.30pm
This meeting was held by video conference.
Cllrs Cotton, Harper, Hillman, Kenny, J Willox, and I Willox.
Lydia Hopton, Assistant Parish Clerk
There were 0 members of public in attendance.
Planning Committee Meeting
086/21 To elect a chairman for the Planning Committee for the administrative year
Cllr Cotton proposed Cllr Hillman and this was resolved.
087/21 To receive apologies and accept valid reasons for absence, these having been submitted to the Clerk prior to the meeting
Apologies had been received from Cllr Crump these were accepted.
088/21 To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011
There were none.
089/21 To approve the notes of the Planning Committee meeting dated 21 April 2021 and the Committee Chairman to sign them as the agreed minutes
These were proposed by Cllr Willox and resolved. Cllr J Willox to sign and return minutes to the office.
090/21 To elect a vice-chairman for the Planning Committee for the administrative year
Cllr J Willox was proposed by Cllr Harper and this was resolved.
091/21 To note the meeting action log
It was agreed with the Assistant Clerk that Cllr Hillman and Cllr J Willox would review the Action Log and assist in moving forward some outstanding actions.
Completed actions to be dropped from the action log, the meeting following being presented to Committee, going forwards.
To review and comment on the following West Lindsey District Council Planning consultations:
092/21 Reference 142772: Planning application for extension & remodelling of existing bungalow, and erect 1no. 1.5 storey bungalow including garaging & home offices. Land at 8 Mill Lane Saxilby Lincoln LN1 2QD.
The application is not supported for the following reasons:
• Loss of light to neighbouring properties, which can also be seen on 3D visuals as a shadow
• Overbearing nature, in size and massing
• Extension is not subservient to the existing building
• Insufficient amenity space for dwellings
• Difficulty in accessing onto Mill Lane, as traffic backs up from the A57 junction vehicles should be able to enter and leave in forward gear; lack of car parking space as there needs to be a turning circle
• Not in-line with NDP policy 2 (a, b, c and g) or NDP 17 - does not respect existing pattern of existing development, use of materials in relation to development context – red brick is the pre-dominant material choice along Mill Lane and not white brick (Character Assessment Area G)
• If planning goes ahead CiL would be required
093/21 Reference 142848: Planning application for proposed single storey extension to rear and porch to front. 83 Sykes Lane Saxilby Lincoln LN1 2NU.
094/21 Reference 143014: Local Authority Consultation for a Pavement Cafe and Stalls Licence, Waters Edge, 26a, Bridge Street, Saxilby, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN1 2PZ.
The council is supportive of the application in principle, however a decision has been made by County Council to approve the application, despite concerns being raised by Cllr Cotton (as Council Chairman) and Cllr Hillman (as Planning Committee and Bridge Street Working Group).
Concerns include impeding access for walking along the grass verge, crossing a busy road to access the seating, and access for grass cutting.
Cllr J Willox proposed committee members request to meet with the shop owner to discuss the practicalities and Cllr Cotton requested, as Chairman, to write a letter to request meeting, which was resolved.
To note the following items and agree actions where required:
095/21 To give an update regarding the surface of Eastcroft FP206 joining FP208 206
The County Council is to trial a new surface on this footpath. The footpath has received a number of complaints about its condition, and it was agreed to share a post on social media regarding the proposed action.
096/21 To give feedback from a meeting with Lindum and the reinstatement of Westcroft Green
Cllr J Willox provided an update based on the background paper shared. A small number of actions remain outstanding, with a review meeting being planned in early June with Lindums.
097/21 To note the receipt of April 2021 CIL money from WLDC as the charging authority, in-line with CIL Regulations
On 28 April the first CiL contribution was received of £5216.31.
098/21 To give feedback on Church Lane road surface and potholes following a request to Cllr Brockway for an update
No update received from Cllr Brockway. Defer and add to next meeting agenda.
099/21 To agree signage on the gate at St Botolphs Gate Rear (as a Local Designated Green Space in the NDP)
It was proposed by Cllr Harper and resolved.
100/21 To agree attendance at Planning Training sessions as per Terms of Reference
Cllr Hillman – to attend the heritage session. Cllr I Willox and Cllr Kenny will attend the Highways and flooding session – clerks to arrange. Cllr Cotton to email committee members list of WLDC meeting training dates.
101/21 To give an update on the canal side woods
Cllr Hillman provided an update following the purchase of the land by ‘Saxilby Nature Project’. A meeting is being arranged to discuss the project.
102/21 To consider incorporating biodiversity in TOR (as per Planning Portal update: Biodiversity in New Housing Developments: Creating Wildlife-Friendly Communities)
Cllr J Willox proposed to add it in the Terms of Reference and resolved. It was also requested to add the item onto the next Full Council agenda.
103/21 Agree for a Committee Member to check tree applications and give feedback with the Committee
Cllr Kenny volunteered for the role.
104/21 Respond to a request from Lovell Developments regarding re-siting Sturton Road gateway sign
It was proposed by Cllr Cotton and resolved that the Planning Committee Chairman and Vice-Chairman would have a site meeting and agree a way forward.
105/21 To note the West Lindsey District Council feedback on the following applications:
The feedback on the following applications was noted:
• 142466 Planning application to replace existing single storey side garage and utility room with two storey side extension and part two storey / part single storey front extension. 11 Nursery Close Saxilby Lincoln LN1 2JD. Planning permission granted with conditions.
• 142505 Outline planning application for 3no. replacement dwellings with all matters reserved, being variation of condition 2 of planning permission 142082 granted 20 January 2021 - regarding demolition of existing properties. 65, 67 & 69 Church Lane Saxilby Lincoln LN1 2PE. Planning permission granted with conditions.
• 142555 Planning application for two storey side extension. 7b Blankney Close Saxilby Lincoln LN1 2JA. Planning permission granted with conditions.
• 142576 Planning application for proposed first floor extension to rear. 10 South Parade Saxilby Lincoln LN1 2HQ. Planning permission granted with conditions.
• 142613 Planning application for single storey rear extension and replacement single garage. Church Road Saxilby Lincoln LN1 2HJ. Planning permission granted with conditions.
• 143023 Additional Environmental Approval - 137972 granted 24 September 2018. 10, South Parade, Saxilby, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN1 2HQ.
The meeting closed at 8:28pm.
Please be advised that these are notes of the meeting taken by the Assistant/Clerk and cannot in any way be regarded as the official minutes of Council proceedings until they are approved and signed at the next meeting.